Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pike Fishing

Within the last few days, I've fished the Allegheny solely for pike and musky. The reason for this is pretty simple.. I've never in my life seen a musky (until yesterday), and i've only caught a total of 4 pike as of today. So the other day, we set out of the boat to do a little fishing and drinking between Oil City and Franklin, Pa.
I fished the entire day using a 4 spool spinner bait, while my friends switched between spinner baits, hot'n tots, and rapala's.

The day started off pretty well, with two pound to pound and a half bass.
Smallmouth bass
Then the day got pretty interesting after that smally. Fishing a stretch we do just about every time we are on the boat, one of the anglers had a big musky tail his hot'n tot. I only caught the back end of the musky, but it was special for me because it was the first time i'd seen one.

As the day went on, we had about 6 or 7 Northern pike follow our lures, and we caught three. One of which, easily above 30 inches was lost (along with the spinner bait) just as we were netting it.
27 inch Northern Pike


20 inch Northern Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment