Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Lures Pt. 1

Made a quick trip the other day to Cabela’s in Ohio, which has just opened up recently. In terms of Cabela’s, this isn’t the biggest by any stretch, but regardless it has a ton of outdoors equipment. On this particular trip, I was just focused on getting a few new lures, and came away pretty happy with my purchases.

I ended up leaving the store with a lure I’d used once before but never owned myself. I grabbed a Cabela’s real imagine HDS forked tail lure, in the perch color scheme. Like I’ve said, I’ve used this lure one other time and it proved to be effective. I believe I caught two largemouth, and had one 4+ largemouth snap my line with it on. So hopefully, it continues to prove useful.

The second lure I grabbed was on sale, and if it’s on sale I’m grabbing it no matter what. It’s a storm lure, which I rarely ever use. I’ve never been a huge fan of storm, I think they are junk, but like I said…. On sale, I’m buying. This lure is the ‘live kickin minnow’ in the black silver minnow color. Never used it, probably will never use it, but who knows.



Lastly, I picked up three cheap spinner baits. Can’t remember who made them, but they were only 1.5$ a piece. These are two spool spinner baits, which I don’t use that often. I prefer the four spool’s, but I’ve lost a few already this summer (my own, and my buddies) so I picked up a few more. I’ve always had good luck with spinners, especially for bass.


I’ll update the blog whenever I use these lures, and any other lures I have in my tackle box. Hopefully these all pan out, but we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment